(1) Online Portal changes
We've recently made some key changes to our Commercial online portal, including updates in order to comply with the new Buy-to-Let underwriting standards:
View our short user guide, which highlights the changes we’ve made.
Hints and tips (included within the new guide)
• Income - how to key income from land and property for individual or company landlords
• Buy to let portfolio - if your client owns existing residential investment properties, please tick yes to the question and ensure you enter full details of the current portfolio when keying the DIP.
• Portfolio schedule - Please ensure your client(s) Buy-to-Let Portfolio Schedule is uploaded when the application is fully submitted.
• Commercial Portfolio schedule - If applying for a Commercial Mortgage, please complete and upload your client’s Commercial Property Portfolio Schedule when you submit the application, rather than inputting on the BTL portfolio screens.
• Copy to new DIP - we recommend that due to the new portal fields and recent updates that all cases are keyed from new, to ensure the latest information is available for a quick decision from our underwriters.
How to get in touch
If you have any queries when completing a new application please call 0333 321 1000 or contact your Business Development Manager
(2) Portfolio Landlord Underwriting Changes are now live
From 27 September 2017, all Buy-to-Let DIPs and subsequent applications are subject to our processes under the new Buy-to-Let underwriting standards.
Here's a summary of the changes we've made:
Updated Buy-to-Let Affordability Calculator - our online calculator can now be used to assess the affordability of the application property as well as the client's portfolio as a whole. Personal income can also be assessed for up to 3 applicants
• Updated secure online portals - due to the additional information needed for portfolio landlord applications we've added new fields to our online portals
• Document templates - to be filled in by your portfolio landlord clients as required for our assessments. We recommend using our templates as it will ensure that using our calculator and online portals is as simple as possible (we will also accept other formats which contain the information we need)
New Buy-to-Let Mortgages Full Lending Criteria
PRA Packaging Guide gives you details of our standard and enhanced assessments and our
Buy-to-Let Definitions document provides some extra information, including our definition of a portfolio landlord. You can always access all our current Buy-to-Let documents by clicking here.
It's important to note that under the new standards we are continuing to lend to individual and company landlords with no background portfolio limits.
(3) Recent portal updates
We recently made some updates to our broker portal to comply with the new Buy-to-Let underwriting standards. These include:
• New fields - for portfolio landlord applications
• Copy to new DIP – we recommend that due to the new fields and changes all cases are keyed from new, to ensure the latest information is available for a quick decision from our underwriters.
Please note If your client owns investment properties, tick yes to the question when keying your DIP and ensure you enter mortgage details to evidence whether these are single and/or HMO properties in individual and/or limited company names.
If you have any queries when completing a new buy to let application please call our team on 0333 321 1000 or contact your Business Development Manager.